Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello family and friends!   Decided it was time to start up a blog for our growing family, so you can keep up with all the happenings in the Colt Family!

First off, many of you know that we are expecting.  Baby Colt is due to arrive December 31st.  I start my 19th week tomorrow and pretty excited to almost be at that half way point!  We had a rough trimester as I didn't have a great appetite and dealt with a lot of nausea.  I have avoided a lot of my favorite foods due to the fact that they just didn't taste great.  I lost about 15lbs within the first trimester.  But I know that I will be gaining that back with no problem as soon as we get further along!
We are still waiting for our appointment to find out if we will have a boy or girl...or even multiples!!!   Our first soon is scheduled for the middle of this month. We will then be throwing an exciting gender reveal party!  Which....we will find out the sex of the baby at the same time as the rest of our guests at the party!  So that's...exciting.  I'm sure there are going to be a lot of happy tears!  Here is my first bump picture that we've taken:


Now...onto others.....my sweet Miss Allison!  Allison will be 7 in October and will be starting 1st grade later this month!  Growing up fast.  She's spent most of the summer in Missouri with her dad but we've been lucky to have her home for almost 2 weeks throughout the whole summer.  She's getting really tall...and still looks like a string bean.  Sounds like she is excited to get back home just in time to spend a long weekend in Okoboji with the White Family, which begins in just a few short days.  We are looking forward to getting her back home and settled in for the school year.  Here is a photo of her from the 4th of July weekend:
I'm hoping to continue to update everyone every couple weeks as we progress throughout our pregnancy and also throughout all the happenings of our growing family




2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! And you look sooo dang cute!!!! I wish I could keep up with a blog but I never would! lol I'm horrible at these kinds of things!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! I'm hoping to get it up to date, as much as I can. Facebook does a great job of keeping everyone informed, but this way....I can update everyone who wants to know! :)

      Delete